In this episode of Blabbing Social with Melody, my guest Rachel Moore of Really Social shares key ideas about social media marketing. Her fun – and yes somewhat risque (it got your attention, didn’t it) – title gives a clue: Social Media Marketing is a Courtship, Not a Quickie.
Our fun and informative Blab video chat is embedded below for your viewing pleasure. Scroll down to see key points in written format.
- Longevity and consistency are keys to successful social media marketing
- Social media is relational
- Just like in a courtship, you must get to know each other through conversation and other touchpoints
- Lay off the bottom line during a crisis
- Discussion begins at the 16:48 mark
- Showing compassion or offer assistance during times of crisis rather than continuing to sell your widget
- Give, give, and keep giving to get respect and patronage by your customers
- Share the wisdom of others to your fans
- Share how you can be of value to others
- No such thing as too much giving
What tips would you add? Post in comments!
Thanks for visiting! I host Blabbing Social with Melody every Thursday morning (except the second week of the month) at 10:00 a.m. Mountain time. I always have interesting and knowledgeable guests, so tune in! Here’s my Blab profile.